Thursday, March 24, 2011

Random Happenings at Work Tonight

1) We had meatloaf and mashed potatoes for dinner. One of the boys, who isn't completely coherent when it comes to making sentences, picked up the meatloaf on his fork and asked in a very serious tone "Is this poop?" I about died laughing. I had to leave the room. I heard him ask about four times until he was absolutely sure.

2) Much later in the evening when most boys were in bed.. our resident 'juvie' was hanging out and talking to staff. I noticed his hands were really dry from doing the dishes and asked him if he wanted some lotion. He said he had some in his room. I went to find it but couldn't. All he had was shampoo, a small tube of Vaseline, toothpaste and deodorant. I went and got the community lotion from the laundry room for him. When I handed it to him he said "This isn't mine" I told him "I couldn't find yours, all I saw was a small tube of Vaseline and I figured that was for something else." He didn't even miss a beat and said "OH HELL NOOOOO"
OMG I didn't mean it like that! I swear I was the one blushing! I'd just figured the Vaseline was for his lips. Kid thought I was calling him out on something! 

I doubt I'll ever be able to eat meatloaf again, or view Vaseline in the same way.. but I do really love my job :)

1 comment:

  1. following from the blog hop. Would love for you to stop by amomcandream.blogspot.com

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete