Saturday, April 9, 2011

Here I am

I've been in Utah a week and a half now. In this week and a half I:

a) found two part time jobs that pay extremely well (more than I was making in Chicagoland) One of them I am even a supervisor and get my own desk. *grins* I was a bit worried about no longer teaching, since I like it. Then I got the second job, where I get to teach instead of supervise the teachers. So basically, the two jobs balance each other out!  And overall income is 25% more than I was making in Illinois. So all good!

b) Got my car inspected for safety and emissions and then registered in Utah for an outrageous fee of $260. WTH??? Next up, drivers license..

c) Spent an amazing amount of time with my family. My dad was in town from Portland and my mom is still in town from Washington (state) because my Grandma is on her deathbed pretty much. Also getting to see my niece and nephew and spend time with them :)

d) Had my hair done by a friend I have had for over 20 years now.. the wonderful Ginger. She cut it short (six inches off the front and about 8 inches in the back) and dyed it a loverly color. I FEEL pretty.

e) Went to the dentist and established a plan to make my teeth beautiful (German dentists don't believe in polishing teeth so my teeth needed some tender loving care!) No new cavities but he does want to rip out the old metal ones in my mouth and replace them. It will all cost me $700 after insurance. Not too bad considering I need two crowns-- my awesome insurance means I only have to pay $268 out of my pocket per crown.

d) Built my self-esteem up as much as I could. It was long overdue. I needed it. Still working on that one though.. it will take time.

No comments:

Post a Comment